Why Should You Join the Spring Musical Next Year?

James Murphy, Editor-in-Chief

Did you enjoy Studio 38’s production of Crazy For You this year? Are you wondering if you should join the play next year? The cast of Crazy For You would like to encourage you to become a part of the Studio 38 family.

Charlie Bensinger (Bobby): One word of advice to underclassmen who might be interested in doing the show next year is to join the show while you can because Studio 38 is a welcoming family and there is always a place for everyone. It is a perfect opportunity to meet new people and to get involved with the school. I have had the honor of meeting some pretty amazing people all because of my involvement with the music program here at PJP. I have definitely made incredible friendships that I know will last way beyond high school.

AJ Collura (Bobby): I would like underclassmen to understand that here at Studio 38 we are all a big family. This is an incredible place to make friends, learn new things, and overall just be a part of a big, fun production. This program has changed my life and I have met my best friends in that auditorium, and you can do the same. I came to PJP from public school and didn’t know too many people when I got here, but being part of Studio 38 allowed me to meet the most amazing people. It also gave me opportunities I never thought I would have like performing in Disney and having a lead in the musical. I’ve been able to gain so much more confidence and the directors have taught me so much. I could not imagine high school without it!

Hannah Rowan (Polly): If there are any underclassmen that want to join the shows and the Studio 38 family, I could not recommend it more! This program has truly changed my life and the lives of everyone that is involved with it. My decision to come to PJP and be a part of this astounding program has impacted my life in so many ways. Studio 38 has opened my eyes to so many incredible opportunities and I am forever grateful for the friends I have made here, and for the world I have been introduced to through music. Join the family, you will not regret it!

Kristen Mahoney (Polly): If you have any interest in being in the show, doing stage crew, or playing in the orchestra, do it! I know putting yourself out on stage can be scary, but sometimes the best things can happen to you if you do something out of your comfort zone.  Also, don’t wait until senior year to join.  I know so many people who only did the show their senior year and ended up wishing they had done the shows earlier.

Brianna Commo (Polly): Don’t underestimate yourself. You don’t have to be the best singer or dancer to belong in Studio 38. The family that we have is one where everyone belongs, and never feel like you don’t, because you do. This program is more than just a club, it has been a family to me for these past four years. I am leaving my brothers and sisters, and it hurts, but I will never forget the impact Studio 38 has had on my life. I will never forget my family.

David Light (Zangler): To any underclassmen who are considering joining next year: Studio 38 is a place where new friendships are made and a place where you can feel at home. You will not regret joining because there’s no other feeling like being applauded for (and if you’re lucky, a standing ovation)! Try something new and go for it!

Will Martinko (Zangler): To underclassmen, I really suggest that you do the show. In my freshman year, Brandon Commo told me that one of the best feelings in the world is walking out on the stage on opening night to see the crowd. Being involved in the show is one of the most rewarding experiences that PJP has to offer. Even if you don’t think that you can sing, get involved. You won’t regret it.

Katelyn Dean (Tess): I would say to any underclassmen who are considering doing the play next year to take the risk and audition! Being a part of the drama department was the best part of my past four years here at PJP, and I think everyone deserves to feel what it’s like to be clapped for. Even if you audition in a big group and are a part of the ensemble it is an amazing experience. You won’t regret joining!

Michael Ronca (Lank): If anyone is considering joining the play, do it. The Studio 38 family is always accepting and it is truly that, a family. In Studio 38 I have made the strongest friendships and memories that I will never forget. Joining the play will boost your confidence and make you branch out and meet new people, and you will never regret your decision to join.

Tim Faust (Lank): Any underclassmen who are thinking about doing the play, I cannot stress enough, do it! Studio 38 is the best program for both experienced performers and beginners. Before joining Studio 38, I had never sung a correct note (and I still haven’t), danced on stage, or acted, but I was welcomed with open arms. I never in a million years would have told you I was going to be a performer before high school, but playing Lank Hawkins this year was one of the best experiences of not just high school, but my whole life. It never would have happened if I didn’t take a chance and join Studio 38 sophomore year, and I am so thankful I did.

Yamil Santiago (Eugene): I have heard from so many seniors that they wished they had done the shows since their freshman year. Doing the show is such an amazing experience and honestly the best experience I’ve had throughout my high school years. My freshman year, with a lot of urging from friends, I decided to audition for the show Mary Poppins. Auditions may seem a little daunting at first, especially to an underclassman who’s never met any of the directors, but I promise you that those directors are some of the nicest and most caring people I know. The directors aren’t going to judge you even if you might not be the best singer. And let me tell you, I was pretty bad my freshman year!

Ted Dolan (Eugene): To all underclassmen interested in joining the drama program next year, DO IT! Even if you don’t think that you have any talent in your body, you’re wrong. The drama program brings out the best in everyone, and it’s an excellent way to meet new friends! Studio 38 really is a family. No matter who you are, what you’re interested in, or the kind of person you are, you will be welcomed into the program with open arms, you’ll come out with tons of memories, and you’ll find a new respect for theater.

Andrew Ericsson (Eugene): I’d tell underclassmen next year to not be afraid to try out. This is my favorite program in the world.

Monica Schneider (Patricia): I would definitely encourage all underclassmen, who are interested, to audition for the musical next year. Through the musical I have met some of my best friends, and I am so thankful for that. We all have the best time singing, dancing, and performing together. Studio 38 is truly one big family, and I couldn’t imagine my high school years without being a part of it.

Cierra Peterlin (Patricia): Audition! You will not regret it! Even if drama isn’t your thing, it is a truly amazing experience. And at PJP, drama is cool!

Moira Davis (Patricia): Joining Studio 38 will help make your four years in high school great. Whether it’s performing, working behind the scenes on sets, making people smile, or meeting new people, this drama program can help with all of that. Studio 38 has become my second family and I’m happy to say that I’ve been a part of such a wonderful program! The plays/musicals they put on can bring smiles to people’s faces and joy to their hearts; it definitely has given me some of my best high school memories.

Gaspare Interrante (Everett): I think any underclassmen who are interested in joining Studio 38 should most definitely give it a chance. It is a big family and you will feel at home every time you step into the auditorium. There is nothing like the feeling of hearing applause for the first time on stage.

Katelynn McCann (Patsy): To all the underclassmen interested in being part of the play next year, my advice to you is just do it. Deciding to do the show was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. It’s an experience like no other and you’ll never know until you try.

Jacob Snyder (Sam): As a freshman, I was scared to go onstage, because I didn’t have any friends and I came from an environment where being in the play was seen as abnormal. My advice to anyone considering participating in the drama program is simple: stop caring so much about what everyone thinks about you and just do what makes you happy.

Matt Homiak (Sam): A lot of people view this theater as a social event, or a place to talk with friends. While it is at some times, the primary focus is on the production and your personal commitment to making the show spectacular. So if you really want to put yourself out there and give it your all, I strongly suggest joining Studio 38. It’ll be like a second family to you. If you’re not up to the challenge, you’re really missing out on some great memories.

Emily Grossbauer (Mother): I would highly recommend that anyone who isn’t already a part of Studio 38 should give it a try. I met some of my best friends through Studio 38. We are all a family and are very welcoming to new people. High school is a time to try new things and discover your talents. Even if you know nothing about singing, join anyway and you will learn! Performing is a great skill to have. It will help you out in many aspects of your life, in more ways than you think!

Brady Hourigan (Junior): It is very tiresome but, in the end, very worth it. It creates new friendships that wouldn’t have formed otherwise, and creates a family that makes saying goodbye so hard. If you decide to do it you won’t regret it.

Joey Mazzio (Junior): To all the underclassmen, just try it. Do it once, and if you love it, do it again. If you hate it, at least you tried it. Studio 38 is like a second home to me, I can go there and just have fun with my friends while doing something productive. It was a great experience for me and I look forward to doing it till senior year.